RELATIONSHIPS: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
Join us for food, drinks, and conversation.
Bring a question on relationships and your collective wisdom.
Short social before and in between rounds.
–Greet old friends and meet new ones.
7:00 Dinner and conversation
8:45 Round 2 at a different table
9:45+ Closing statements. Continue the conversation on your own.
Attire: Dress to impress.
Each conversationalist is encouraged to propose a question related to relationships. Each table will determined the question for discussion by popular vote. (Last year, “I found the questions just as interesting as the conversation.”)
The Statler Bar and Grill is reserving their very nice private dining room for us but they adding a 20% gratuity. Separate checks available on request. http://www.statlergrill.com/
March – “Risk-taking”
April – “What makes your partner feel special?”
May – “Language of a Broken Heart”
About the Moderator: Ron Gross is the founder of “Conversations New York.” He’s been organizing exciting, important CONVERSATIONS for 20 years, and currently holds them regularly on the Columbia University campus and elsewhere through the city. He’s the author of 23 books on LIFELONG LEARNING. He was recently honored for lifetime achievement in the field by the International Society for Self-Directed Learning. The late Buckminster Fuller said of Ron’s work: “If humanity is to pass safely through its present crisis on earth, it will be because a majority of individuals are now doing their own thinking. Ronald Gross’ work has pioneered in improving the climate for such thinking in the United States.”
CONVERSATIONS NEW YORK
Hundreds of New Yorkers coming together in small groups of neighbors and fellow citizens to discuss topics of intensive interest…
Hosted at no cost and at convenient locations and times…
Aided by simple guiding principles…
Inspired by the city’s grand tradition of robust conversation…
Our vision is to inspire, organize, publicize, facilitate and celebrate a renaissance of healthy dialogue in New York City.
How You Can Help Us Grow!
If you would like to easily add to our strength, we’d be grateful for your taking these easy steps:
1. Visit us at https://conversationsnewyork.com/about-cny/ to learn more about us, subscribe to our website, and spread the word.
2. Share with us your reactions, questions, and suggestions about this venture. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ”Like” our organization on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ConversationsNewYork
4. Consider convening a Conversation yourself – our site will soon provide resources, but in the meantime just ask us.
5. Tell us about Conversations you think should be listed on our on-line calendar. https://conversationsnewyork.com/calendar-of-conversations/
We hope you’re as excited as we are about promoting and encouraging stimulating conversations in New York City!