Its Power and Potential in Our Lives
Hunter College, 695 Park Avenue, but:
Entrance is at Lexington Ave. and 68th St.
Dining Room – 8th Floor
Govt-issued photo ID required for entrance to building, please.
Please register with one click at
We’ll start with an optional 5-minute confidential self-quiz to gauge your level of hopefulness at this point.
Please come to share your experiences, knowledge, and wisdom!
1. What role does hope play in your life today? Is it a factor in your planning, coping, and social life?
2. Is Hope part of your religious or spiritual outlook?
3. What do you understand about the role of Hope in healthfulness and in coping with disease?
4. How would you relate Hope to “wishful thinking”, “denial”, and other forms of “false hope”?
5. Do you view Hope as a skill or set of skills (e.g., self-motivation, grit, determination, resourcefulness)?
Hope is an optimistic state of mind that is based on an expectation of positive outcomes with respect to events and circumstances in one’s life or the world at large. As a verb, its definitions include: ‘expect with confidence’ and ‘to cherish a desire with anticip ation&rs quo;.
Co-chair, University Seminar on Innovation
516 487-0235 (E-mail preferred)