You are warmly invited to join us to celebrate LOVE as we “move on uptown” — to the penthouse Faculty Dining Room at Hunter College on Park Avenue, where we will be holding our monthly meetings from now on.
We’ll be welcoming exciting new people, tackling even richer and more relevant issues, and enjoying new ways to truly think together (this time, the “World Cafe” model which enables you to meet twice as many other new friends during the evening).
I’m looking forward to seeing you there! Please register via EventBrite as below…
Conversations New York (CNY)
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
6:00 pm sharp (please arrive by 5:45) – 8:00
Hunter College, 695 Park Avenue,
Entrance at the intersection of Lexington Ave. and 68th St.
Faculty/Staff Dining Room, 8th floor
Please see Directions at end
FREE, of course.
To reserve a place, please register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/understanding-love-tickets-41925375928
Government-issued ID required for entry to building, please.
Please come share your
life-experiences, thoughts, feelings, and insights.
· What does love mean, to you?
· What have you learned about loving wisely and well?
· How is love different for men and for women, for gay and straight folks, and for others – or is it essentially the same for all?
· How does the meaning of love change as we get older?
· What are the connections, for you, between love and sexuality?
· Is love “natural” – or is it “socially-constructed”?
· How is love effected by politics, class, and money?
· Does loving make us healthier?
· What’s one of your favorite works of art about Love (movie, play, poem, picture, song….)?
To stimulate your thinking: Read the brilliant entry on LOVE at Wikipedia.org, covering the scientific, cultural, religious, and psychological knowledge about the subject.
Subway Directions:The 6 train stops directly under the College at the 68th Street station. There is an entrance to the College in the Subway station. Turn right upon exiting the turnstile and the entrance will be directly in front of you.
Alternatively: You can take the F train to the East 63rd Street and Lexington Avenue stop. After exiting the station, walk north on Lexington Avenue to East 68th Street. The College is located at the intersection of East 68th Street and Lexington Avenue.
Bus Directions: The crosstown M66 bus goes east on 68th Street, and west on 67th Street. Hunter College is located at the intersection of East 68th Street and Lexington Avenue.The M98, M101, M102, and M103 go south on Lexington Avenue and north on 3rd Avenue. Hunter College is located at the intersection of East 68th Street and Lexington Avenue.
Driving: See detailed directions at: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/abouthunter/maps/68th-street-main-campus