Great Conversation is alive and well in NY. Here’s a sampling from our calendar of over 60 curated events offered by Conversations New York ( https://conversationsnewyork.com/calendar-of-conversations/ and http://www.meetup.com/Conversations-New-York/ ):
* Discuss outstanding books ranging from Lolita (1/15) to Dead Souls (1/14), to The Count of Monte Cristo (1/11).
* Celebrate MLK Day at BAM, and discuss the event afterwards with friends (1/19).
* Share your ideas and feelings about Love in a Socratic Conversation at Columbia University, as warm-up for Valentine’s Day (1/29).
* Meet interesting new people at brunch at the New York Ethical Society (1/18).
* Enjoy a Café Philo – the Parisian way of philosophical conversation (1/22).
* Experience the Death Café, a popular approach to living more fully by confronting the reality of death (1/21).