You are warmly invited to meet old friends and make new ones, as we follow Valentine’s Day with a celebration of Friendship!
NURTURING OUR FRIENDSHIPS:
How to Enhance Your Relationships for
Greater Health and Happiness.
Wed., Feb. 19, 6:00-8:00 pm
Hunter College, entrance at Lexington Ave. and 68th St.,
West Building Faculty Dining Room, 8th floor Photo ID required for entrance to building,
Kindly arrive by 5:45. NO ADMISSION AFTER 6:30.
Please REGISTER (FREE) at Eventbrite:
We’ll make a little history together this evening, because Conversations New York is one of 150 groups across 40 countries selected to pioneer the TED Circles program. The goal is to connect people and conversations through the power of ideas. (Info. on TED is at www.TED.com.)
Our conversations will be inspired by this 16-minute TED Talk by Shasta Nelson: https://www.ted.co/talk/shasta_nelson_frientimacy_the_3_requirements_of_all_healthy_friendships?language=en The speaker, Shasta Nelson, is the author of Frienticacy: How to Deepen Friendships for Lifelong Health and Happiness, and writes about relationship health for The Huffington Post. Among the issues for the evening’s Conversations will be:
- How loved and supported do you feel by your friends? How do you cultivate friendships where both of you feel heard?
- Nelson’s formula includes positivity, consistency, and vulnerability. Do you agree?
- Which friend-nurturing practices could help your friendships the most? How can you create space for more of them in your friendships in the near future?
- Do do you think connectedness is correlated with the significant health issues? How does that make you feel?
- Is there anyone in whom you want to invest in more, to enhance your friendship? If yes, what makes you want to invest in this friendship? What action will you take to invest in this friendship?
DIRECTIONS AND DETAILS: #6 train to 68th and Lex., or F to 63rd and Lex. We gather at 5:45 for socializing, bonus hand-outs, etc. to start at 6:00 sharp please. NO ADMISSION AFTER 6:30. Bring Your Own Food and Drink if You Like. Take-out available on the 3rd floor. Contact/Info./Questions: email@example.com.